- Cutbacks in Chipping Service Raise Alarm, Wall Street Journal (May 8, 2013 by Jim Carlton)
- Soquel Fire Safe Council aims to keep the town fire safe, Santa Cruz Sentinel (May 15, 2009 by Alia Wilson)
- Cal Fire officials start property inspections in Santa Cruz Mountains, San Jose Mercury News (May 4, 2009 by Tracey Kaplan)
- Did Cal Fire do enough to prevent Summit fire?, San Jose Mercury News (April 27, 2009 by Tracey Kaplan)
- California's bad fire season could have been worse, San Jose Mercury News (November 16, 2008 by Paul Rogers)
- Programs to keep your home safe (Programas gratuitos para mantener su hogar protegido), La Oferta (August 22, 2008)
- California sets new building codes for areas vulnerable to fire, San Jose Mercury News (June 29, 2008 by Paul Rogers)
- Fire safety is the objective of wildlife protection plan, Los Gatos Weekly-Times (October 17, 2007 by Judy Peterson)
- Fire safety is the objective of wildlife protection plan, San Jose Mercury News (October 15, 2007 by Judy Peterson)
- Sudden Oak Death in Santa Clara County: What you should know and can do to prevent spreading, SCFSC Newsletter (October 18, 2007 by Shannon Dinis, ISA Certified Arborist)
- Officials warn Almaden residents of potentially severe fire season, Almaden Resident (May 11, 2006 by Monica Heger)
- Defensible Space? Here's how to prepare for the upcoming fire season!, New Neighborhood Voice (May 7, 2006 by Fire Captain José Guerrero, San Jose Fire Department)
- Fire Preparation Time, Gilroy Dispatch (May 06, 2006 by Kristen Munson)
- Santa Clara County FireSafe Council: What is it? What does it do? Is it for you? A description of the Santa Clara County FireSafe Council.
- New San Jose Fire Department Wildland Program Manager (by Fire Captain Ralph Ortega, San Jose Fire Department), Advice for residents in Wildlife Urban Interface Zones.
- Volunteer fire force for Uvas Canyon (by Marilyn Dubil, Reprinted from the Morgan Hill Times), The Uvas Volunteer Fire Department on the first anniversary of the Croy Fire.
- Isn't It Too Late to Worry About Fire Season This Year? Don't know what to do? Or where to start? It's never too late to prepare - for this year or next, Establishing and maintaining Defensible Space around your home.