For residents of Morgan Hill, San Martin, Gilroy, and the surrounding unincorporated areas:
Please review the schedule for South County community chipping projects. South County has been divided into geographic areas and community chipping projects will be held in each area once this season. We will not be doing individual or small group chipping projects unless they are part of a neighbor to neighbor project.
2019 South County Chipping Schedule
- Only Residences in Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) areas designated as high or very high wildfire risk areas are currently eligible to participate in this program.
- Not all residences in the geographic areas outlined below are in eligible WUI areas.
- If you are not sure what area you fall into, please call your representative for assistance.
- For residences in Lexington Hills, Aldercroft Heights and surrounding areas and Summit Road, Loma
- For residences in Morgan Hill, New Almaden, San Martin, Gilroy, Croy Rd., Uvas Rd, contact Carla
to reach Carla.
- Maps showing the WUI Wildfire Hazard zones can be found here:
- Some residences may not be accessible by our chipping equipment due to road conditions, turn
around areas, or other factors. In this case residences will need to take their brush to an accessible site that would be identified by our representatives.
|Area Title||Area Description||Application Deadline|
|Jackson Oaks||Jackson Oaks Development||12-May|
|New Almaden||New Almaden Community||10-Jun|
|Chipping area includes the following roads and all streets which are accessed from these roads:|
|Sycamore and Watsonville Rd.||Watsonville Rd. between Uvas and Santa Teresa; Sycamore Dr. Between Sunnyside and Watsonville Rd; Oak Glen Ave. between Edmundson and Sycamore||19-May|
|Oak Glen and Llagas||Edmundson between De Witt and Oak Glen Ave; Llagas between Hale and Oak Glen||26-May|
|West Oak Glen and Willow Springs||Oak Glen from Llagas to West end; Willow Springs Rd.||26-May|
|El Matador and Whitehurst||Hecker Pass between Watsonville Rd. and White Hurst to end||2-Jun|
|Day Road||Day Road from Santa Teresa to Watsonville Rd; Watsonville Rd. between Burchell Rd. and Uvas Rd.||2-Jun|
|Croy/Casa Loma||Lower Croy Rd, Little Uvas, Casa Loma||19-May|
|Gilroy East||Gilroy EastAreas east of Hwy. 101 that are located in the WUI zone. Only some areas East of 101 are in eligble WUI zones. See fire hazards map to check your area.||19-May|