For residents of Morgan Hill, San Martin, Gilroy, and the surrounding unincorporated areas including Uvas, Casa Loma, Loma Chiquita and Summit Road areas: There will be a significant change in the South Santa Clara County Chipping program this year.
This year we will not be chipping individual parcels or groups of homes as we have done in the past. Instead we will be scheduling community chipping projects. We will be dividing the South County into geographic areas and providing a schedule for chipping in each area. We will only be chipping each community/neighborhood one time this season.
2017 South County Chipping Schedule
- Only Residences in Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) areas designated as high or very high wildfire risk areas are currently eligible to participate in this program.
- Not all residences in the geographic areas outlined below are in eligible WUI areas.
- If you are not sure what area you fall into, please call your representative for assistance.
- For residences in Lexington Hills, Aldercroft Heights and surrounding areas and Summit Road, Loma
- For residences in Morgan Hill, New Almaden, San Martin, Gilroy, Croy Rd., Uvas Rd, contact Carla
to reach Carla.
- Maps showing the WUI Wilfire Hazard zones can be found here:
- Some residences may not be accessible by our chipping equipment due to road conditions, turn
around areas, or other factors. In this case residences will need to take their brush to an accessible site that would be identified by our representatives.
|Area Title||Area Description||Application Deadline||Site Visit the Week of||Chipping Tentatively Scheduled, 1 to 2 Days During:|
|Jackson Oaks||Jackson Oaks Development||8-May||15-May||May 22 - June 2|
|Holiday Lake Estates||Holiday Lake Estates Development||8-May||15-May||May 22 - June 2|
|New Almaden||New Almaden Community||10-Jun||17-Jun||Jun 26 - July 7|
|Chipping area includes the following roads and all streets which are accessed from these roads:|
|Sycamore and Watsonville Rd.||Watsonville Rd. between Uvas and Santa Teresa; Sycamore Dr. Between Sunnyside and Watsonville Rd; Oak Glen Ave. between Edmundson and Sycamore||12-May||19-May||May 26 - June 9|
|Oak Glen and Llagas||Edmundson between De Witt and Oak Glen Ave; Llagas between Hale and Oak Glen||12-May||19-May||May 26 - June 9|
|West Oak Glen and Willow Springs||Oak Glen from Llagas to West end; Willow Springs Rd.||12-May||19-May||May 26 - June 9|
|El Matador and Whitehurst||Hecker Pass between Watstonville Rd. and White Hurst to end||2-Jun||9-Jun||June 15 - June 30|
|Day Road||Day Road from Santa Teresa to Watsonville Rd; Watsonville Rd. between Burchell Rd. and Uvas Rd.||2-Jun||9-Jun||June 15 - June 30|
|Croy||Croy Rd and Little Uvas||16-Jun||23-Jun||June 26 - July 7|
|Loma Chiquita||Loma Chiquita Rd. from Loma Prieta to west end||16-Jun||23-Jun||June 26 - July 7|
|Loma Prieta||Loma Prieta North from Summit Rd.||16-Jun||23-Jun||June 26 - July 7|